To enter our annual business awards, visit: www.timesbusinessawards.co.uk. It could put you on a winning path…
- New Business of the Year – You’ve come into business in the last three years (start date after 1st January 2014) with a bang and are really getting noticed for what you do. Tell us what makes you the best of a great new crop of companies.
- Creative Business of the Year –Is your business success based on innovation and creative thinking in your strategy and every day business? This award category is for any company over two years old in any sector that can demonstrate creativity as well as adding value to your business’s success.
- Family Business of the Year – The business must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months before the closing date 13th April 2017. It must show how the company is set up, which family members are involved (past and present), and identify the financial success of the business in relation to the growth in turnover and profit and loss.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – This award is open to dynamic individuals aged 30 or under by the closing date on 13th April 2017 who are running their own business and are able to demonstrate great success and drive in growing their company.
- Service Excellence Award – The winner of this category will give outstanding assistance and advice to those who buy or use their business or organisation’s products or services. They will be able to provide customer testimonials to support their entry.
- Business Person of the Year – The winner of this category will show they have a clear vision / strategy for their business and are committed to growing it. Areas such as increasing headcount, developing and inspiring staff, and involvement in the local business community are all good examples of this.
- Best Independent Restaurant of the Year – Celebrating independent restaurants who source their food locally, demonstrate exceptional customer service and offer the very best all-round dining experience.
- Best Small Business up to £2m turnover – This award recognises those who have maintained consistent growth and strong financial performance, understands its customer, has an engaged workforce with effective leadership, and is continually innovating to support future growth.
- Best tech business – Innovation lies at the very heart of successful tech companies and this award is given to recognise outstanding success in commercialising new technologies and making an impact on the local and wider community.
- Outstanding Business of the Year – This is the ultimate award of all the categories and will go to the business that can show outstanding initiative, boldness and imagination in the enterprise, as well as sound management practices. The winner must also be able to show they have a clear strategy to invest in the skills of their staff and be expected to demonstrate sustainable growth combined with a degree of commercial success that is exceptional for the size of the business.