Lodgefield Farm is an impressive estate in the village of Blackham, near Tunbridge Wells, which has a combination of residential properties, commercial units and 200 acres, including farmland and woodland.
Approached via a private driveway, the residential properties are all located in the centre of the estate, protected by their own private grounds. Parts of the farm offer phenomenal 360-degree views of the beautiful surrounding countryside, and the properties benefit from a private water supply, as well as mains.
The principal residence is a Grade II listed 17th-century building with a more modern wing added. It has many period features and is set over three floors plus a cellar.
Points of note include a dining hall with a large inglenook fireplace, a superb kitchen with a breakfast room opening to a terrace and a 33ft drawing room. There are four bedrooms in total, including the master suite.
Planning and listed building consent had been granted for a two-storey extension to the farmhouse but lapsed in July this year.
Also on the estate is a converted oast house, recently extended to create a lovely four-bedroom home, and a three/four bedroom cottage.
Additionally, there is existing planning consent for a four-bedroom lodge cottage at the beginning of the driveway.
The estate has some excellent commercial and farm buildings, the majority of which are currently let and run as diverse methods of enterprise.
The remaining land is mainly made up of pasture interspersed with woodland.
Altogether there are 199.48 acres, comprising 146 acres of permanent and temporary pasture, of which approximately 72 acres has been subject to arable cropping in recent years.
The owners have worked to balance the running of a productive farm with their own conservation interests.
The production of good quality grazing, and cutting grass from permanent and temporary leys for a local dairy farmer, has gone hand in hand with the management of the farm in various agri-environment schemes for over 20 years.
AT A GLANCE
- Village location near Ashurst station and Tunbridge Wells
- Extensive farm estate with period features set in rolling countryside
- Grade II listed farmhouse
- 33ft Drawing room
- Dining hall with inglenook fireplace
- Kitchen and breakfast room opening to terrace
- Master suite plus three more bedrooms
- Previously had planning and listed building consent for two-storey extension, which lapsed in July
- Private water supply as well as mains
- Recently extended oast house with four bedrooms
- Cottage with three/four bedrooms
- Existing planning permission for four-bed lodge cottage
- The separate residences all have their own gardens and grounds
- A variety of commercial and farm buildings with most units let out
- 146 acres of farmland, 43 acres of woodland, 199.48 acres in total
For sale through Savills Haywards Heath
01444 446066 | www.savills.co.uk